Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Getting in shape

I've started a new exercise program, with walking as the main feature. I've walked for the last 2 days. I'm posting this on my blog so that you can all encourage me. I even ran some of the time yesterday. I hope to somehow add some type of pull-up exercise to build upper body strength. I have not figured out how to set up a pull up bar in the house.

Added on June 29: I injured my back the first week in May, and have had to put most of my exercising on hold until it gets better. I am doing some exercises assigned by the physical therapist my doctor sent me to. And I've done some walking.

3 comments:

Seth Hippen said...

Way to go, Dad! I keep thinking about getting in shape, but it hasn't gone beyond that. You can do it!

Xena said...

Heather might not be able to make it to run the marathon with me - want to get that far into shape?

Jim Hippen said...

Xena,
Not this year. I'm just up to about 2 miles, with only about 1/4 of that at more than a walking pace. I'll let you know when I'm ready to start training like that.